How to Recover Hacked Yahoo! Mail Account?
Points of interest and impediments of innovation go as an inseparable unit; while many utilize it for its focal points, others misuse its drawbacks. Comparative is the situation with Yahoo! Mail administrations. Despite the fact that Yahoo Mail is a standout amongst the most dependable and secures email benefit stages, that doesn’t ensure its record wellbeing against programmers. Utilizing counterfeit messages, programmers trap potential exploited people into visiting fashioned or phishing destinations that resemble certified ones and hack into the record when they sign in to such sites utilizing their login accreditations. Get Instant Yahoo Support Here.
For such kind of circumstances, Yahoo! Mail offers various recuperation choices. These recuperation choices, for the most part, incorporate substitute email locations and telephone numbers that you may have been provoked to include amid the join procedure. In the event that you have included these recuperation choices, recuperation of your hacked Yahoo Mail account gets basic and simple.
How to Recover Hacked Yahoo Mail Account – The Steps:
There are mainly two methods to recover your hacked Yahoo Mail account. While the first method lets you recover your Yahoo Mail account by changing the password, the second method enables you to retrieve it by resetting the password.
The first method is applicable only if you have access to your Yahoo Mail account, while other is an ideal method if you are unable to access your Yahoo Mail account. Below you can find the instructions for both methods.
Method 1: Change Password to Recover Hacked Yahoo Mail Account
- Sign into your Yahoo Mail account and select Account Info option under your Profile Name located on the top right corner of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Under Account Info window, click on Account security tab. You might be prompted to enter your account password. Enter it to get access to Account security page.
- Click on the Change password option under Account security page and enter the New Password in the required field.
- Click on the Continue button to successfully change the password. This way you can successfully recover your hacked Yahoo Mail account.
Method 2: Reset Password to Recover Hacked Yahoo Mail Account
- Go to the Sign-in page of Yahoo Mail and enter your email address. Click on the Next button afterward.
- On the next page, select I forgot my password link. You will be directed to the verification page. Here, you will see your partly visible phone number or email address that you would have added in your Yahoo Mail account earlier sometime.
Also Read: How to Sign Up for New Yahoo Account?
- If you recognize the email address or phone number displayed, click the Yes, text me an Account Key button. (Choose the “I don’t have access to this phone” button if you don’t have the option mentioned above. Yahoo will send you a code via an email.)
- On the subsequent screen, you will be prompted to enter the Account Key sent to your phone/email. Enter the Account Key and click on the Verify button.
- Once verified, you will see two options on the following screen – Continue and Create a new password. Click on the Create a new password button to get to the Password Reset page. Enter your New Password and click on the Continue button. This way also you will be able to recover your hacked Yahoo Mail account.
On the following screen, you will be provoked to include or refresh your record recuperation choices. To include a recuperation alternative, tap on the + Add another email or + Add another telephone (according to your inclination). To erase a recuperation choice, tap on the junk symbol by the recorded email address or telephone number. Whenever done, tap on the Looks great catch to gain admittance to your record.
As yet getting a similar issue? Contact outsider Yahoo Customer Support toll-free number for moment specialized help.
Stick to this handy information and retrieve your compromised Yahoo! Mail account easily.
Additional Tips to Protect your Yahoo Mail Account Against Cyber Crimes
- Enable two-step verification in your Yahoo Mail account to make it more secure and protected.
- If you were using the same password (which got hacked) for other accounts, consider changing them right away.
- Never use the same password for other accounts. Always create a unique password for every account.
- Always access your account from a trusted device and remember to log out after use.